Friday, May 16, 2014

Purity: it never gets old.

It is safe, steadfast, secure, and expectant.
It washes into my heart as it is inspired by the cross-{Jesus, fully divine + fully human, had the purest of intentions. His heart's desire was ordained by God to be on this earth as the ultimate and only worthy sacrifice}.
It requires focus and confidence on the unseen {I know that God will fulfill my heart's desires more abundantly when I lay aside the urges of my heart to be in line with his plan for my life, as seen in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 6:18}.
It is more than just sexual purity, but a purity of the heart {Jesus says in Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God}.
It will be worth the wait {in marriage, but moreover as I long for Heaven, I cling to purity of the mind, body, heart, and soul throughout my walk with Jesus in all ways}.
It is a commandment that must be rendered into the forefront of my lifestyle daily.
It is something deeply dependent on God's grace + mercy {when I fall, I can reach for His hand to pick me up and begin anew}
[Do you want further information on purity? Levi Lusko has an inspiring message that impacted my life that I would encourage you to check it out here.]

What if we believed that the same power of the Holy Spirit that rose Jesus Christ from the dead lives inside of our hearts?  Do you think if He died for your sins, that He holds onto them?  Do you then hold onto them?

In John chapter 11, Jesus raises a man named Lazarus from the dead!  Verse 44 says, "The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, 'Unbind him, and let him go'".  Like Lazarus was raised to life from the dead, as followers of Jesus and because of the cross, I am brought into righteous standing despite my wretchedness.  Thank You Jesus & Forever Amen. Thank You For the Cross.
Let it go, leave it behind you (not looking back), take His hand, and walk in peace and freedom, Beloved.




No comments:

Post a Comment