Monday, May 18, 2015

A Letter To Myself: I ain't perfect & I never will be; darn it!

Dear Annie,

Walk out of the shadows of your internal battles & bring to light all you are struggling to control. Your desire for control shows a lack of fear in Me, pioneer of your innovations in faith. I know your struggles with self-image and performance seem unsolvable to you--and that time seems against you as you rack your brain for new methods and philosophies in how to figure these issues out. I know you. I know you better than you think you know yourself. These deep-seeded insecurities that have taken hold of your mind now seem a permanent part of you.

Only in my spirit lies the tools that will chisel you into the person I want you to be, for my glory. We can do this together, but I need the steering wheel. So hand it over; let your soul break free from control and you'll find the ease and comfort of sitting in the front seat watching me drive your life. Surrender and let go of the shackles that I broke thousands of years ago for you on the Cross. Remember this freedom is a reality every moment that gives you access to infinite love, acceptance, belonging, identity, and purpose. It brings you to a place where I can use you. I want to use you Darling. Don't let the voices of the world take precedence over mine. They will disappoint you and rip you apart if you give them power over my Word. Now and only now can you dance your victory dance; free from the chains of standards and free to rejoice in Jesus, who is your Life, Breath, Joy, and Victory Dance. I have conquered sin and my light chases the domains of darkness. I did it for you. Now let us confront your old ways because Satan does not win in the end. He needs to be told to shut up every once in a while. That ain't dramatic that's just biblical. Let me help you to abandon your own self-destructive patterns, grab my hand and watch me Drive, as I engrain the words, "I love you and you are enough as you are" into your heart and soul.

Love, God

It is by grace you have been saved--through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8


No comments:

Post a Comment