Tuesday, March 10, 2015

i belong to Truth

What do I believe to be true? Confusion and insecurity capture us as we inhabit a world swirling with argument and opinion forged into discourse to represent one’s “beliefs”. The sub-views of the Christian faith are not entirely settled in the Church, and this seems to prompt some Christians to rush and wrestle to establish the “truth” as it ought to be believed by all. To which I hear a gracious God reminding each of us,
“You don’t have to understand the whole truth to believe the Truth. You don’t have to know everything. You may not have all the answers to the world’s begging and burning questions. My followers are filled with a child-like faith, believing in a God who created with a mind reaching deeper than her deepest worries and struggles and misunderstandings. I am asking her to rest in my Truth that surpasses all understanding. Be at peace knowing that you do not possess the Truth. I do. You belong to the Truth by belonging to Me.”

So amidst the noise and confusion of this world, I lay my right to hold a worldview beneath my right to cling to faith. I realize that beyond this temporary home, I am part of a larger story, which God has been writing for all of time. One which I know the ending of. 

This I believe to be true.

Father in Heaven, hallowed be your name. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For yours is the power and the honor and glory forever and ever. Amen (Matthew 6)





No comments:

Post a Comment