Saturday, September 20, 2014

lights, surprises, and liberty: a hope affirmed + a home made.

"The secret to figuring out life - All is Grace - because God is transfiguring all things for His glory."--Ann Voskamp





I start this post with a heart thankful for intellectually stimulating classes, fresh sheets, TOMs Coffee, a new home, twelve hours of sleep, Westmont College, and the wonderful community I get to be a part of.  God has overwhelmed me with millions of ways to be grateful this season as I count the blessings and learn to live authentically in the moment.  As the birds and flowers toil little and blossom much (Luke 12), I have joyfully rested in the truth of Jesus and I desire to grab hold of each moment He brings me.

"If our gratitude could correspond to the grace given to us in Jesus, no response of joy and praise is excessive."--Ben Patterson

Living in the reality of the Presence of God, there is truly no greater place. As I reflect on the places God has brought me and the doors He has opened: it is unbelievably sweet.  I could pause and try and reconcile how humanly possible this could happen to me, but instead I decide to add the blessings as fuel to pursue my passions for His glory.  The urgency to live in the moment is the most beneficial way to arrive in the future.  I see relevance in each of my classes, in each of my relationships, in each of my days as I step toward into the future plan of God.

My verse for the year is this:

yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the deer's;
    he makes me tread on my high places.


Habakkuk 3:18-19

As I press into Jesus, as I rejoice in Him and bring myself to the awareness of His presence in each high and low moment, He takes me higher.  He brings my perspective to one of His Kingdom and not my own.  He frees me and enlightens my thoughts.  His Spirit enables me to fly again.  Each cry of gratitude opens up the sky for me and I can fly again.  Thank you Jesus.  Your glory is what my heart longs for and it's all I will settle for.  Until the Day soon when You will return for your Beloved.  I'll be here, looking to You to fill the gaps of my lack of understanding, wisdom, and joy--for You are my salvation.  You have saved me and You will continue to take me higher everyday.  

What I'm Listening to:
"The Edge of the Earth: EP" by Switchfoot
"The Undoing" by Steffany Gretzinger

What I'm Reading:
White Noise by Don DeLillo
Awakening the Quieter Virtues by Gregory Spencer





xoxo,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment