Monday, March 9, 2015

a little while

The Bible preaches the truth of the gospel; cover to cover Jesus’ death, resurrection, and reign in Heaven, give the Christ-follower hope for their hurting. The enemy is defeated “by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony” (Revelation). Because God conquered evil, I am free to be myself: a person made for purpose. There is a deep evil, but a deeper, better God. God has Satan on a leash and will not give us more than we can handle. Satan, knowing that he does not have much more time until parousia, will try and finagle his way into our minds and hearts and snatch our freedom by slowly dimming the light and diverting our focus on Jesus. Don’t give the Devil space or opportunity to dim your light and divert your focus. It is a trap, but often a human tendency, to ease up on our grip on God’s word, and cling to the fleeting feelings that flood our consciousness. Christian, I command you in the name of Jesus to practice the thoughtful and comforting companion of God’s presence, his Holy Spirit, inside of your heart and in your daily. Get rid of the junk cluttering your heart and instead of making room for Satan make space for Jesus. The evil authorities have been disarmed. God does not hold our sin against us; so Satan cannot hold it over us. Live the full life Christ has died for you to have, and lay it down at his feet daily. Let him carry the crown and see it through that he is coming for His Bride.

Humble yourselves under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxieties on him because He cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you. So to him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen

1 Peter 5:8-11

Lord, I give you my life and my time and my agenda: shape me to be a force for You. You have made me free and alive and worthy through Your victory over evil. My identity is not the devil's to tamper with or grab hold of. Help me fight to remember that You are with me and for me, in all my deeds and ways and patterns. Thank you that Your infinite Love waits patiently and welcomes earnestly. You are the one my heart adores.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment